Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor
Eric has been training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) since 2009 with over 9 years experience. Looking to lose weight and couldn’t keep momentum lifting weights, he walked into a small gym near his bus stop.
“I remember rolling with Karen, a blue belt and tiny in size. I learned to tap real quick that day and here I was thinking I would be the one going easy.”
Eric fell in love with the martial art ever since and was awarded his brown belt (and all belts) under Fabio Glazer and continues to compete to this day.
- 2018 NSW BJJ State Championships – Male Brown Master1 79kg(82.3 kg) Gi – Gold
- 2018 NSW Sub Only Championship – Adult Male Brown & Black Belt 77kg – Gold
- 2017 Aus Sub Only – Inaugural cup – Adult Male Brown 77kg – Silver
- 2017 Grappling Industries Sydney – Adult Male Brown 77kg – Gold
- 2017 Events BJJ Initiator Cup – Male Brown Adult 79kg(82.3 kg) Gi – Bronze
- 2016 Grappling Industries Sydney – Male Brown & Black 76kg Gi – Bronze
- 2016 NSW BJJ Federation Autumn Cup – Male Brown Adult 73kg(76kg) Gi – Silver
- 2016 Initiator Crown -Male Brown Adult 73kg(76kg) Gi – Bronze
- 2015 NSW BJJ State Championships – Male Purple Master1 73kg(76kg) Gi – Gold
- 2013 NSW BJJ CUP – Male Purple Adult 79kg Gi – Gold
- 2012 NSW Spring Cup – Male Blue Adult 73kg Gi – Gold
- 2012 Newcastle BJJ Open – Male Blue Adult 73kg Gi – Gold
Goals as a coach
For my students to build confidence and trust their BJJ, in both self-defence and competition. To be respectful towards teammates (and others) but most of all have fun in a safe, ego-free environment.